Who we are
We are Hafren Security Fasteners, globally recognised as the leading experts in the supply, innovation and design of specialist security fastener products. We only deal in security fasteners, we deal only through our approved distributors as a business to business organisation that supply goods and services. Hafren fasteners registered office is:
Unit 23 Mochdre Industrial Park,
VAT No: GB443 142 481
This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our website (www.hafrenfasteners.com) and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job with Hafren Fasteners.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Hafren, are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provide us with. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Use and collection of personal information
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Hafren Fasteners marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Hafren Fasteners.
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
When you make a purchase from us, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers, Hafren Fasteners complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including SAGE PAY) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
Customer News & Updates
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it.
- For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
If you do not want us to use data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event, we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
- If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site. Alternatively, you may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, fax or post. Our phone number is +44(0) 1686 621 300, or you can e-mail us on email@example.com
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
- Consent: The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
- Contractual: We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Legitimate interest: We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Hafren Fasteners and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What data does Hafren Fasteners collect and process?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at Hafren Fasteners, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Hafren Fasteners does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Does Hafren Fasteners transfer your data to others?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
- Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Hafren Fasteners holds about you.
- The right to request that Hafren Fasteners corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer or partner and you have registered a profile on our website, you may update your user profile by logging in and clicking user details.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Hafren Fasteners to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Hafren Fasteners, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Hafren Fasteners provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can you contact?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com, or to the following address: Hafren Fasteners, Unti 23, Mochdre Industrial Park, Newtown, Powys, SY2 5BH and we will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).